soft and spicy chunks of chicken thigh fillet marinated with ginger garlic paste, yoghurt, lemon and spices.
1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
Lime juice - 1 whole
2 tsp sea salt
600gms Chicken thigh fillets (boneless and skinless)
2 tsp Harissa Paste
2.5 tbsp Greek Yoghurt
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp Sunflower oil or Olive oil
2 tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder or Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Tomato Ketchup
Lime juice (half a lime)
- Marinate chicken thigh fillet pieces with all the ingredients mentioned in the section for first level marination. Leave it in fridge for 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on how much time is possible.
- Take the chicken from the fridge. You will notice that the marinated chicken has some water, please squeeze out as much water out as possible. This is important so that it doesn't wash out spices in the next stage.
- Once water is squeezed out, put all the ingredients in the bowl for second level marination. Give this a good mix and leave it in fridge for 1 to 2 hours or overnight if possible.
- When ready to cook take the chicken out and leave on the kitchen counter for 30 minutes to 1 hour, let it come to room temperature.
- Skewer the chicken pieces into airfryer friendly metal or wooden skewers. Alternatively you can place them directly onto airfryer basket. Skewered chicken is easier to turn all at once for even browning.
- Set your airfryer time and temp. Consider any preheating your airfryer might need.
- Once preheating is done, place chicken pieces inside airfryer and spray or brush lightly on top of skewers with your choice of oil. We used olive oil spray.
- Setup for InstantPot Vortex Dual Drawer AirFryer - Cook skewered chicken for 10 minutes on 200 degree and then 6-8 minutes on 180 degree. This method ensure proper charring of chicken that you would get from a bbq or an oven.
- Cooking might vary from model to model of airfryer , please check instructions in your airfryer manual
Keywords: airfryer chicken tikka