Whole world is baking Banana bread and here is another one for you. What makes this one the Best Banana Bread for me though ? Brown sugar is the key to smokey with a hint of molasses goodness. This one is so easy to bake and even easier to wolf down. A classic no fuss with no nuts and no chocolate chips etc just a plain good old banana loaf for you.
Have you ever imagined yourself baking a cake with the poise that Nigella does on her shows ? I have dreamed of that many times, I won't lie. The reality is that never happens in my kitchen when I try to tackle a recipe. I call it 'tackle' because there is so many things to think about than just standing gracefully by the counter wearing a beautiful cardigan mixing eggs, butter and sugar. If I wore a black cardigan and tried to bake I would end up looking like I walked out of a hurricane of flour and batter. Baking gets me excited and sharing it makes me happy, so I enjoy the hurricane once in a while too. What would life be without a challenge, eh ? Only cake recipe that does not make me slog as hard and worry about the end result is this joy of a cake, my banana bread.
Recipe adapted from Lorraine PascalePrint
A moist banana bread with easy and quick steps
- 150g butter, softened
- 150g soft light brown sugar (I used demerara sugar)
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 2 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 150g self-raising flour
- I/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan I60°C/350°F/gas 4) and line the loaf tin with baking parchment. I usually put a strip along the whole length of the tin, making sure that it comes well over the edges. This makes It easy to remove the loaf when it is cooked.
- Using a stand mixer or hand-held electric whisk. cream the butter and the sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Then add one of the eggs and half of the flour and beat well, followed by the other egg and the rest of the flour along with the baking powder.
- Fold in the mashed bananas and then spoon the mixture into the lined tin.
- Bake the loaf for about 1 hour. If after about 25-30 minutes in the oven, the bread is browning too much on top, cover it with foil.
- To check that the bread Is cooked, insert a skewer Into the centre of the loaf - it should come out clean. When the loaf is cooked, leave it to cool completely in the tin.
Keywords: best banana bread