A moist banana bread with easy and quick steps
- 150g butter, softened
- 150g soft light brown sugar (I used demerara sugar)
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 2 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 150g self-raising flour
- I/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan I60°C/350°F/gas 4) and line the loaf tin with baking parchment. I usually put a strip along the whole length of the tin, making sure that it comes well over the edges. This makes It easy to remove the loaf when it is cooked.
- Using a stand mixer or hand-held electric whisk. cream the butter and the sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Then add one of the eggs and half of the flour and beat well, followed by the other egg and the rest of the flour along with the baking powder.
- Fold in the mashed bananas and then spoon the mixture into the lined tin.
- Bake the loaf for about 1 hour. If after about 25-30 minutes in the oven, the bread is browning too much on top, cover it with foil.
- To check that the bread Is cooked, insert a skewer Into the centre of the loaf – it should come out clean. When the loaf is cooked, leave it to cool completely in the tin.
Keywords: best banana bread