Quick pasta dish made with Angel hair pasta also called Capellini and ingredients available in your pantry. Recipe for two but can be multiplied easily for a couple or a big family.
For Curried breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/4 c bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp medium curry powder (see notes )
- salt to taste
For Pasta and Sauce
- 200 gms - Angel hair pasta/ Capellini
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, roughly diced
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapeno, roughly sliced
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes (or to taste)
- Salt, to taste
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.Add salt as per taste (I added upto 1 big heaped teaspoon) and put the pasta into the boiling water. Push down the pasta carefully as it cooks until fully immersed. Let it cook till done. I timed this to be 6 mins for 200 gms pasta. Once cooked as per your liking drain the pasta but save 1/4 cup of pasta cooking water for the sauce.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan big enough to hold pasta as well so there will be less washing up later. Once the pan and oil are hot enough, add the curry powder. Once it sizzles, add the breadcrumbs and sauté on low until it turns crisp and dark golden brown. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil and saute the sliced garlic until the edges turn golden brown. Add the chopped onion and pickled jalapeno and sauté until it's cooked but it still has a bite. Stir in the red chilli flakes. Season with salt. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Toss in the cooked pasta into the pan of sauteed vegetables and stir well to coat all the pasta. Add 1/4 cup pasta cooking water. Adjust salt, to taste. Squeeze in some lemon juice, to taste.
- Sprinkle with the curried breadcrumbs. Add some roughly chopped fresh parsley or fresh coriander mix well. Transfer to a bowl and now we are ready to eat.